Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Out in the Fields
What to do when you wait


 


     "One day toward evening he went out. . . in the field, and as he looked around, he noticed that camels were approaching.



Rebekah, too, was looking about, and when she saw him, she alighted from her camel and asked the servant, "Who is the man out there, walking through the fields toward us?"
     "That is my master," replied the servant. Then she covered herself with her veil.
The servant recounted to Isaac all the things he had done.
     Then Isaac took Rebekah into his tent; he married her, and thus she became his wife."
- Genesis 63-67


     A lot of the time I find myself, in the season of singleness, wondering what to do.  I have been given the advice to dedicate my life at the stage of my vocation NOW.
     This is great advice, but what does this mean? Surely I won't find a husband when I'm just doing what I always do.this point in service to God through following my current vocation. 


 

     Doug Barry (a Catholic speaker) thought he wasn't going to meet his wife because he was a youth minister and he worked with kids.  He first saw his wife when he was in the middle of the youth group room as a youth pastor, working in youth ministry for the Lord.
     Maybe you are at the age when you feel like you should have a boyfriend/girlfriend right now, but no one is there. Take this time to look at your life.  Is this a time when you are being called to serve God in a way you would not be able to do as a married woman or man? 



 

Thoughts or comments?  Let me know in the comment box below.

God Bless you all,

Chloe M.


No comments:

Post a Comment