Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Loving today







Decisions, decisions, decisions

     As some of you may know, college preparation is now upon us.  This leads to a lot of worrying on my part since one of my (many) problems is that I over think things.
     When I spend most of my time concerned over the future, I often miss the present. 
     Example:  When I finish a quarter in school, my thoughts usually are: "Yes!  Only three more quarters until I am done with high school work and onto college!"  What I should be thinking is this: "Yes!  I successfully accomplished one quarter of school because I worked hard and am doing my vocation as a student."  Response one is future-focused, while response two is focused on now.


Bible Verses:
     "So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself.  Each day has enough trouble of it's own."
 - Matthew 6:34

   "Today is the day the Lord has made.  Let us rejoice and be glad in it."
- Psalm 118:24


To Sum it all up:

     What we do today is what matters now.  We must also keep in mind that we have the goal of eternity, and that matters, too. 
      John Clark said, "The goodness of today doesn't consist of the fact that it precedes tomorrow.  Today is good on it's own merits."
     So love today!  Think of all the things you can accomplish for God NOW. 


God Bless you all!

Chloe M. 

No comments:

Post a Comment