Thursday, September 20, 2012

Our God is not Dead
He's Alive! He's Alive!



As I've shared before, last week I went to a Matt Mahr concert.  Of course we sang his song "Christ is Risen."  I love that song, very much.  The really neat thing was that we sang it during the Eucharistic Adoration Procession.



It really hit me as the Eucharist passed by me and I was singing "Oh, death: where is your sting? Oh, hell: where is your victory? Oh, Church: come stand in the light! Our God is not dead! He's Alive! He's Alive!"  It used to be that I only thought of the Resurrection at this point.  And, although true, that isn't what this song is about to me now.

Here the Romans thought they had killed Christ and their problems were done.  Then Christ rises from the dead, defeating death by death itself.  And He doesn't just go up to Heaven.  In fact, He comes down to earth in the form of bread and wine.  And as I was singing those words, Christ was right there!  Veiled by the appearance of a consecrated host, but He was there! 


Christ is alive.  You can see Him everyday in Eucharistic Adoration.  Someone shared the story of St. John Vianney with me: "In the parish that St. John Vianney was parish priest of, there was an old man who came into the sanctuary of the Church and would sit in front of the Eucharist everyday.  St. John Vianney finally had to say something to him, so he asked the old man why he was there everyday.  The old man pointed to the Eucharist and said, 'I look at Him.  And He looks back at me.'"
 

The Romans didn't win.  The persecutors didn't win.  Because I, 2,000 years later, am worshipping Christ in the Eucharist...because He is not dead. 

God Bless you all,

Chloe M.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment