Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Living NOW:
Not letting your future vocation take front seat to what you already are blessed with.










You don't know what you've got....'till it's gone
     Our family dynamics are changing.  I am looking into a job, college classes, and discerning God's will for my life, both future and present.  My next youngest sister is learning to drive.  My third youngest sister is two inches taller than me.  The next sister is growing up on me.  The little kids keep getting bigger and bigger everyday.  My baby sister is already five and half months old.  Where does time go?

     I was talking about this to my Mom, and she was saying how much I should love where I am NOW.  And she's right - I spend a lot of mental time in the future, planning what I think should happen.  I had once been told that God's desire for me to discern my future vocation should never take precedence over my current vocation.
     One day, in the not-so-far future, as I sit in a dorm room, studying, I'm going to wish I was back at home, surrounded by loving siblings, (even though they err on the loud side), caring parents who are there to help me, and access to something that heats up food besides a microwave.  Yet I have to stop.  I have all those things RIGHT NOW.  And I don't appreciate them - and I won't fully until they are gone!


A Quote for Perspective:

     Padre Pio says this: "Be content to obey, which is never a small thing for the soul who has chosen God as his portion. And resign yourself to be, for now,  a small hive bee, able to make honey."    
     Hmm......buzz, buzz ~ looks like we really need to "bee" focused (pun intended) on God's present plan for our lives.

      Look at the birds of the air. They don't worry about a thing and they have a pretty good life.  This is what we must strive for: content peace in God's love for us now.  Content peace in God's plan and love for us in the future.  

Are you "bee-ing" content in God's plan for your life now?  Let me know in the comments below!

God Bless you all,

Chloe M.

No comments:

Post a Comment