Wednesday, November 5, 2014

A Thankful Heart : Day Two

Day two has passed and with it has come another realization of a loving God.

Today I am thankful for the listening ear of my Heavenly Father.


I was at a religion class tonight, and we were reading through Mark 10. Tonight's focus was on Bartimaeus the blind beggar.  He sat every day outside the gates and waited for
Christ to pass by simply for the chance to call out to the Lord.

Then finally, the day came.  Christ is heard to be passing by and Bartimaeus
seizes the chance, calling out, "Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!"

credit
How does Christ respond?

"What do you want me to do for you?"

The Bible and tradition say amazing things.  Jeremiah 29:11 says,
"For I know the plans I have for you says the Lord.  Plans to prosper
and not harm you, plans to give you a future full of hope."

Christ doesn't tell Bartimaeus to just get up, you're healed, go along your own path.

He asks Bartimaeus what he wants.

And even then, Christ doesn't end there.  He cures Bartimaeus's blindness.
Then challenges him.
"'Go your way; your faith has made you well.' And immediately he received
his sight and followed Jesus on the road.'"

There is no coincidence that when Bartimaeus can see, he
follows Christ on the path.

God listens.  And I'm thankful.

Si vis amari ama,

Chloe M.

No comments:

Post a Comment