Monday, November 3, 2014

A Thankful Heart : Day One



Day one of the thankful heart challenge kicks off with one of my truest blessings.  


"Marriage is an act of will that signifies and involves a mutual gift, which unites the spouses and binds them to their eventual souls, with whom they make up a sole family - a domestic Church"
-  Saint Pope John Paul II

My parents take day number one of this grateful list by storm.

Not only are they incredible parents, they are incredible examples of what
a marriage is.

They've been through thick and thin, and their striving for holiness
has shaped who I am, both as their child and now as a Catholic
adult.

A commitment to marriage and willing the good of the other
as other daily is an incredible challenge.  I'm grateful to my mom and dad
for not only living that challenge, but not being afraid
to share with their children the lessons garnered
through marriage - especially as their children prepare
for vocations of their own.

So today I'm thankful.  I'm thankful for two people who genuinely
live out their marriage vows.  I'm thankful for being the result
of a truly free, faithful, total and fruitful marriage.

Si vis amari ama

Chloe M.



No comments:

Post a Comment