Sunday, April 7, 2013

My Phone Is Smarter Than Me.

This week, I finally caught up with the rest of the world and purchased a smart phone.  So far, the only thing it has accomplished is making me feel dumb.  Really, really dumb.


For instace: What is an SD card?  And why would a phone need it?  Also, it has been forever since I've used a touchscreen, so my texting speed has been reduced to five words per minute.  So if you texted me and I responded seven hours later, that's why. 

Is my life better now?  Do I feel more complete?  Eh, not really.  In fact, I feel like I've lost half of my brain, which is not a good feeling at all.  The sad thing is that phones are addicting.  You don't realize this when you have a step-up-from-a-flip-phone, but when there is a smart phone in your hands, it's hard to put it down.

For all intents and purposes, a smart phone does not make you "cool."  It doesn't make you smarter, prettier, or funnier.  It doesn't even help you be yourself.  The important thing is that Christ thinks you are pretty neat with or without a smart phone.  Which is awesome. 

Now, excuse me while I go figure out where the menu on my phone went and how I can ask my tech-savvy sister for help without sounding completly out of it.

God bless,

Choe M. 

No comments:

Post a Comment