Saturday, January 26, 2013

 
Live Like That...
 
Sometimes I think
What will people say of me
When I'm only just a memory
When I'm home where my soul belongs

Was I love
When no one else would show up
Was I Jesus to the least of those
Was my worship more than just a song

I want to live like that
And give it all I have
So that everything I say and do
Points to You
 

     Last night at Winter Jam, Sidewalk Prophets sang this song off their album and it really hit me.  What do we live like?  Do we live so much so that people who we don't know stop after seeing our actions and wonder what we have that makes us so happy?

     Sometimes it is hard for me to evangelize with words.  I get nervous and worry if I'm going to say the right thing or make a difference.   But with actions, it's easy.  Per St. Francis, I just have to always speak the Gospel and use words if necessary.  


 
     When we are gone, and at our funeral, what are people going to say?  That we made a lot of money?  Got good school grades? Always had a funny joke?  Or that we were always a example of what Christ would be if He were still on earth? 
 
     Now you may think that this message doesn't apply to you.  Maybe you still go to school, or just work a job, or stay at home.  Believe me, it does apply.  The people who you interact with on a daily basis, even if it just your family, are opportunities for you to show Christ's love. 
 
     Christ tells us to love the least of these.  This could be your brother who wakes you up after you had stayed up to late last night just wanting to play a board game with you.  It could be the woman at the store you work out who just isn't having a very good day.  It could be your mom or dad who needs help around the house that you can give them. 
 
     We all have opportunities to live like that.  To have our worship mean more than just a song.  Will you?
 
God bless you all,
 

Chloe M. 

No comments:

Post a Comment