Thursday, January 24, 2013

I'm replaceable.

Yesterday I was sick with a nasty cold/flu hybrid that landed me in bed with a headache the size of a small country.  And I had to call in sick to work.  For the first time.  Ever.

To some, this is no big deal.  But to me, it's a big deal.  Because I hate letting people down. 

But since I was worried that I wouldn't be able to stand for that long at work and not get sick to my stomach, I called in sick.

Then I crashed in bed from 10:30am to 5:30pm.  By this morning I felt good again, so I went into work and everyone just asked if I was better, and said they were glad I was back.  No one said how crazy it was without me there . 

That was when it hit me:  the world will still turn if I don't come into work because I'm sick.  Ultimately, I'm replaceable. 

Now here is the catch:  I am replaceable to my place of work.  They can always find another bank teller.  But I am not replaceable to God.  There will never be another Chloe M. exactly like me.  I'm not replaceable to my family.  No one can fill my shoes because there will never be another me.


It's time I focus on the relationships in which I am irreplaceable versus the work positions that can always be filled by someone else.

God bless you all,

Chloe M .  

No comments:

Post a Comment